Wednesday, April 1, 2009

College Acceptance letters / April Fools

Well, as some of you guys (the few that might glance at this blog) know, yesterday was a big day for high school seniors. March 31st, the day that ALL the Ivy Leagues give out their decisions. It really bothered me that all of them thought that 5 pm would be an appropriate time to allow students to see the decision. Let me tell you a little something... IT WAS FUCKING NERVE WRACKING!!!.... I feel like they all plotted it together; like a payback to the students for making the admissions officers read all of those long and boring applications. 
In my opinion, it was these decisions that ruined April Fools. Most kids feel so depressed about being rejected from the university of their dreams, that they are in no mood to make jokes or prank someone else. I know that I least I wasn't in the mood to do so.... three rejection letters made me feel depressed, and with the shitty weather we had, I wasn't even in the mood to laugh.
Well, as I was thinking about this last night, I thought "What if the colleges sent their decision on April 1st??" Now, that would blow.... I don't know about anyone else, but I sure as hell don't want to find a college decision that goes like:
"Congratulations on being accepted to the class of 2013 in _______ University!!!! Just kidding, you suck. We don't want you here so go cut yourself."
or one that says:
"I am sorry to inform that after reviewing your application for half a second, I've decided personally to shred all you documents... JK!!!! You were accepted to ________ University for the class of 2013!!"
Fuck that shit... I think that if colleges and universities did this, the number of suicided of teenagers would dramatically increase. There will also be a lot less nerds in the world, because they would all kill themselves because they couldn't  take the joke.
Anyways, that's all I have for today, hope you guys liked it (again, those few that might end up seeing this by accident).  

No comments:

Post a Comment